Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Thankful Heart

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I am reflecting on all the things I have to be thankful for and since Thanksgiving is on the 24th, I am going to do it like Letterman and ladies and gentleman here are the top 24 list of things I am thankful for...

1.  That I have a Savior that died on the cross for me.  While He was on the cross, I was on His mind.
2.  That I have been married to my best friend for 11 years and he loves me through the good and the bad.
3.  A sweet baby girl that is the light of my life.  She is so loving and makes me laugh.
4.  A precious baby boy whose personality I hope never changes.  Your smile lights up a room!
5.  My Mama & my daddy--it take a village and she is the best.  I hope I am 1/2 the mother to my children she has been to me. For my daddy who I got to spend 18 years with--thanks for teaching me life is fun and a little mischief never hurt anyone.  
6.  Larry--If you would have asked me 13 years ago, if I would be thankful for Larry, I would have laughed and said no, but thank you Jesus for putting such a wonderful father figure back in my life.
7.  Joyce--I have loved you from day one.  Thanks for being the mother-in-law everyone wishes they had!
8.  Shelia & Rachel--My big sis rocks!! She is a wonderful person and I don't know what I would do without her.  To say Ellie looks like her is an understatement and I hope she has the grace and poise my sister has too!  Rachel--what a sweet sister in law--I can't believe I have gotten to watch you grow into the spiritual young lady you are.  You are truly an inspiration to me!
9.  My grandparents--to still have three grandparents alive is such a blessing.  I love each of you dearly.
10.  My friends--I have some of the best friends a girl can ask for.  I have had the same best school friend for gulp, 24 years.  She has seen me at my bet and worst and still loves me.  For all the new friends I have gained, that listen to me, give me advice and make me laugh, I am thankful for each of you.  For all my work friends--ya'll are the best.
11.  I am thankful for the health of my loved ones.  There are so many people hurting because of health issues it just breaks my heart.
12.  That my children have the clothes they need, food to eat and a place to call home.
13.  For the jobs my husband and I have.  There are many people who are searching for jobs, so I am very thankful for our employer.
14.  Coca Cola--anyone that knows me knows that would be on my list somewhere.
15.  I am thankful I am not the person I was 10 years ago or even last year.  I am thankful I can look back and see where I have been and where I want to go.
16.  I am thankful that I can  do things on my own, but have gained the sense to ask for help when I need it--most times :)
17.  For toys in my floor and laundry in the laundry room.  That means I have babies and clothes.
18.  I am thankful for the ocean and the waves and the calm I feel at the beach--not really thankful for the sand, but it comes with the territory.
19.  My church
20.  I am thankful my mama taught me how to cook and my daddy taught me to drive a standard.  Both things will get you far in life!
21.  That Ellie & Rhodes have 11 kids surrounding them each day and that playmates are few and far between.
22.  I am thankful for the mistakes I have made and learned from.
23.  I am thankful for my new van.  Yes, it is vain, but I am thankful for it.
And the 24th thing I am thankful for is.......That I have 23 other things to be thankful for...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment