Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Some People Sing Because They're Happy, I Blog Because I'm Sad

Tomorrow- less than 24 hrs- my baby girl starts Kindergarten.  Yes, you heard me right, Ellie Marie Develin is in kindergarten.  She was so excited to get her school supplies, and picking out her backpack was how I foresee picking out her wedding dress.  It took lots of time and patience and yes, we are sporting Smurfette for the first day-complete with matching lunch box and thermos.  Today, we went to Lovely Nails to get her toes painted before school.  She and her friend Anna Young had a great time.  Then we went swimming and played around.  It wasn't until tonight when she went to bed that it hit me.  I have a Kindergartner not a preschooler.  So, I did what anyone in my shoes would do.  I cried, then ate a king size Hershey bar, then snuck in her room for one more picture of my preschooler...she IS a preschooler until tomorrow.  I love you Ellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment